[Gate-users] Managing large number of primaries in acceptable time frame

Mijat Paunovic paunovicjata at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:32:18 CEST 2022

Dear Gate Community,
I am trying to run a CT simulator with realistic number of primaries which
I found was around 10^13 per projection. I am using HTCondor to make use of
all my hardware resources but this still doesn't get even close in
reasonable amount of time.
I was wondering if anyone is running such large number of primaries and if
they would be kind enough to share some advice on this. I realized that GPU
parallel processing is no longer an option in Gate, I am already using
HTCondor to split my main.mac script on all of the available processors,
and have already disabled the processes that are of no interest for the
output that I care about.
Kind regards,
Mijat Paunović