[Gate-users] what does each detector pixel record?

David Leibold D.Leibold at tudelft.nl
Thu Jul 7 09:20:15 CEST 2022

Dear Howard,

you are using the imageCT output, and according to the docs<https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/data_output_management.html?highlight=imageCT#image-ct-output>:

"The imageCT output is a binary matrix of float numbers that stores the number of Singles per pixel and is produced for each time slice"

Please note that this does reflect what a realistic detector would measure. A common CBCT detector outputs the deposited energy per pixel. To obtain this, you would need to access the root output and convert it to energy integrated projections yourself.

Kind regards,
David Leibold