[Gate-users] Towards Gate 9.2 release (with Geant4 v11)

David Sarrut david.sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Feb 10 09:59:57 CET 2022

Dear all,

We are slowly but surely going towards the *next Gate 9.2* release that
works with the latest *Geant4 version 11*. The "develop" branch of the
github has been updated and the benchmarks are currently being updated and
checked (still in progress, some still failed).

We kindly ask you to help us test this new version with your own macros and
report any issues you may encounter. The documentation will be updated, but
in the meantime, here are some hints to help you compile and test this
version:
- compile Geant4 version 11 (with qt), it requires cxx 17
- use root version compiled with cxx17 version
- clone Gate (develop branch) and compile with G4 and Root. Optionally with
RTK and libtorch.
- (on some osx, qt 5.6 is needed, it fails with more recent versions)
- check your current macros and report us

We don't have an Apple M1 machine (yet!) so we cannot test it on this
hardware. If you own one, please do the test for us. It will be very
helpful.

The roadmap is to finish this release in the next 3 weeks. VM and docker
will also be provided a bit after.

thank you all!
David

--