[Gate-users] Fluence Actor?

Josh Knowland jknowland at lucernodynamics.com
Thu Apr 21 18:53:20 CEST 2022

Hello all,

I am trying to use a Fluence Actor but running into a problem. To make sure that my macro is working, I made a very simple case of 5 box shaped water volumes each 1mm thick in a stack. I placed a 511 keV gamma point source 100 mm away from the stack and set the world material to vacuum.

The problem is that only the nearest water volume is recording fluence data. I get output files for each of the other ones, but they are all recording zero. I expect each slice of water to record a number of gammas entering it.

Is there any special trick to using the Fluence Actor?

Thank you,
Josh