[Gate-users] GateMaterials.db issues (now with added download problems)

BAKER, Mark (THE CLATTERBRIDGE CANCER CENTRE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) mark.baker23 at nhs.net
Thu Sep 2 10:23:16 CEST 2021

Hi everyone

I still haven't resolved this issue, so I thought I'd try and start afresh with a new version of vGate9.0 but when I go to opengatecollaboration.org to the Download page, the link for version 9.0 takes you to a GoogleDrive page but for vGATE_v8.2.0.ova (a previous emailer had the same issue on the mailbase also). The opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/vgate.html also has the same v8.2 file as the direct link

I've got vGate9.0 installed on my machine, so I must have got it from somewhere originally. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you

Mark Baker
Principal Clinical Physicist
Imaging Physics
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust

CCCW Tel:  0151 556 5030
CCCL Tel: 0151 318 8438
Email: mark.baker23 at nhs.net<mailto:mark.baker23 at nhs.net>

From: Gate-users <gate-users-bounces at lists.opengatecollaboration.org> On Behalf Of BAKER, Mark (THE CLATTERBRIDGE CANCER CENTRE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)
Sent: 26 August 2021 16:12
To: gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org
Subject: [Gate-users] GateMaterials.db issues

Hi everyone

I've spent the day scratching my head over something that I think is likely a pretty simple fix. I've come back to vGate 9.0 after around a year away, so I was refreshing myself with some old macros I wrote and I get an issue regarding setting the materials database, using both my own previously working macro plus trying an inbuilt ex1.mac file as well. Both files generate the following message:

***G4 Exception              :               GateMDBFile
                Issued by             :               GateMDBFile::GateMDBFile
Could not find material database file 'data/GateMaterials.db'
***Fatal Exception *** Core Dump ***
[G4-cerr] **** Track information is not available at this moment
[G4-cerr] **** Step information is not available at this moment

A quick look through the mailing list suggests that it's possible that the macros should direct to /data/... rather than data/ but changing that didn't help. Additional suggests previously included unspecified material in the macro that isn't in the database, but ex1.mac only utilises water and my own macro only uses air and water. I've checked that they are both in the database, and both are correctly spelled (it is the default database as well). The macropath has been changed to /home/gate/gate-exercises/exercises which is the location of both the data and mac folders.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Mark Baker
Principal Clinical Physicist
Imaging Physics
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust

CCCW Tel:  0151 556 5030
CCCL Tel: 0151 318 8438
Email: mark.baker23 at nhs.net<mailto:mark.baker23 at nhs.net>

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please:
i) inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it; and
ii) do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its content (to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful).
Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email, collaboration and directory service available for all NHS staff in England. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch visit Joining NHSmail - NHSmail Support<https://support.nhs.net/article-categories/joining-nhsmail/>

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.