[Gate-users] How to make dual-layer offset detector (system -> "PETscanner")

강한규 lovehangulp at naver.com
Thu Oct 21 15:20:52 CEST 2021

Dear Wonsuk,

You can use "PETscanner" for your dual-layer detector.

The "PETscanner" allows the 2-layer, 3-layer and even 4-layer DOI detector configurations.

I have succeeded in simulation of 3-layer and 4-layer using GATE.

You can refer the attached PDF file which I have shared in the GATE mailing list in 07-Mar-2020.

Hopefully, my answer would be useful for your dual-layer PET simulation.

Best regards,

Han Gyu

--------Han Gyu Kang, Ph.D, Researcher

National Institute of Radiological Sciences (NIRS)
National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology (QST)
 4-9-1 Anagawa, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8555, JAPAN