[Gate-users] Frustrating Error

Josh Knowland jknowland at lucernodynamics.com
Fri Oct 15 02:20:19 CEST 2021

Hello all,

I sometimes get the following error while running macros in vGate. Here are some things I've noticed:

  1.  It seems random; the same macro doesn't generate the error every time.
  2.  It might happen more often when a macro has several sources...
  3.  It might happen more often when I'm running multiple macros at the same time (on different CPU cores)...

Any ideas?

[G4-cerr]
-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------
*** G4Exception : Cache001
      issued by : G4CacheReference<V>::Destroy
Internal fatal error. Invalid G4Cache size (requested id: 335 but cache has size: 333 Possibly client created G4Cache object in a thread and tried to delete it from another thread!
*** Fatal Exception *** core dump ***
[G4-cerr]  **** Track information is not available at this moment
[G4-cerr]  **** Step information is not available at this moment
[G4-cerr]
-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------

[G4-cerr]
[G4-cerr] *** G4Exception: Aborting execution ***