[Gate-users] Dose results interpretation

Dmitry Hits dmitry.hits at phys.ethz.ch
Tue May 11 17:31:11 CEST 2021

Hi Gaters,

I am trying to understand results output by the dose actor, which I enabled with the following lines:

/gate/actor/addActor DoseActor             dose5
        /gate/actor/dose5/save                   results/dose_2021May11_171652_5.root
        /gate/actor/dose5/attachTo               box5
        /gate/actor/dose5/stepHitType            random
        /gate/actor/dose5/setResolution          1 10 1
        /gate/actor/dose5/enableDose             true
        /gate/actor/dose5/enableUncertaintyDose  true
        /gate/actor/dose5/enableNumberOfHits     true

The source is a pencil beam of protons of 100 MeV. I simulated 10000 events.

Here is the histogram I got:

My question is why is the error so large? How is it calculated?

Cheers,

Dmitry