[Gate-users] DoseActor not recording any dose (empty 0's files)

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Mar 3 20:20:21 CET 2021

Hi,

hard to say, please check any overlap in the volumes? If a volume A is
included in a volume B, but not defined as a daughter of B, it may be
ignored by Geant4 ...
Maybe start with as few volume as possible and add them one by one to check

HTH,
David

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:47 PM G Tom <gregthom992 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using GATE version 9.0 (March 2020), Geant4 version Name:
> geant4-10-06-patch-02    (29-May-2020)
> My phase space files that produce the source particles are from IAEAphsp
> files and the headers look like this:
>
> $RECORD_CONTENTS:
>   1   // X is stored ?
>   1   // Y is stored ?
>   0   // Z is stored ?
>   1   // U is stored ?
>   1   // V is stored ?
>   1   // W is stored ?
>   0   // Weight is stored ?
>   0   // Extra floats stored ?
>   0   // Extra longs stored ?
>
> Thanks
>
> GT
>

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 12:43 PM G Tom <gregthom992 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This has been puzzling me all week. I set up my simulation and I can
>> visualize it working and interactions happening in the phantom to which I
>> have attached a doseActor.
>>
>> [image: image.png]
>>
>> When I read the output after 10^8 histories, the dose actor recorded only
>> 0s. What could I be missing ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> GT
>>
>> My macro is below and placed just before the /gate/run/initialize line in
>> my main macro and I start the simulations with
>> #=====================================================
>> # START
>> #=====================================================
>> /gate/random/setEngineName MersenneTwister
>> /gate/random/setEngineSeed auto
>>
>> /gate/application/setTotalNumberOfPrimaries {NumParticles}
>> /gate/application/start
>>

>> #=====================================================
>> # ACTORS: stats, dose, fluence etc
>> #=====================================================
>> #<ACTORS>
>> /control/alias BluePhantom2XLength 480.0
>> /control/alias BluePhantom2YLength 480.0
>> /control/alias BluePhantom2ZLength 310.0
>> /control/alias BluePhantom2Material Water
>>

>> /control/divide HalfBluePhantom2XLength {BluePhantom2XLength} 2.0
>> /control/divide HalfBluePhantom2YLength {BluePhantom2YLength} 2.0
>> /control/divide HalfBluePhantom2ZLength {BluePhantom2ZLength} 2.0
>>
>> /control/alias BluePhantom2XPlacement 0.00
>> /control/alias BluePhantom2YPlacement 0.00
>>
>> /control/subtract BluePhantom2ZPlacement 1000 {SSD}
>> /control/subtract BluePhantom2ZPlacement {BluePhantom2ZPlacement}
>> {HalfBluePhantom2ZLength}
>>
>> /gate/world/daughters/name BluePhantom2
>> /gate/world/daughters/insert box
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/setMaterial {BluePhantom2Material}
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/geometry/setXLength {BluePhantom2XLength} mm
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/geometry/setYLength {BluePhantom2YLength} mm
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/geometry/setZLength {BluePhantom2ZLength} mm
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/placement/setTranslation {BluePhantom2XPlacement}
>> {BluePhantom2YPlacement} {BluePhantom2ZPlacement} mm
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/vis/setColor cyan
>> /gate/BluePhantom2/vis/forceWireframe 1
> [...]

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1294
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://dsarrut.github.io <http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut>
 "2 + 2 = 5,  for extremely large values of 2"