[Gate-users] Simulated energy spectrum not same as actual energy spectrum

Adolf Nordin Adolfn at axim.co.za
Tue Jun 22 13:26:55 CEST 2021

Hi Matthew

Indeed that was one of the problems (at least I hope).

I had it as 1mm, changed it to 0.5mm and got low values. I also inserted a piece of metal under the source to create back scatter, as this is the actual setup as well. I will play around with the settings now to get comparable spectra.

Next question (for you or anyone else).

Up to now my comparison of the spectra was visual.

I can see the spectrum via root, but have not found a way (yet) to export the data as a text file so that I can plot it in excel.

Do I use "/gate/actor/addActor EnergySpectrumActor" or can I extract from normal root output as well?

Just point me in the right direction, the trial and error I will do.

Adolf