[Gate-users] Installing GATE, Geant4_DIR

Machiel Kolstein mkolstein at ifae.es
Thu Jun 17 15:52:53 CEST 2021

Hi,

I am trying to install Gate v9.0, following the instructions of
https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/compilation_instructions.html#gate-v9-0

I already have Geant4 and ROOT installed and compiled, months ago, so I
don't want to do that again.
When I type: "ccmake ../Gate-9.0" I get a window with a menu and when I
select "c" (configure), I get:

*Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Geant4" with any
of the following names:     Geant4Config.cmake     geant4-config.cmak*
My Geant4 installation does not have any of these files, and in any case, I
don't want to re-compile Geant.
When in the parameters menu, for "Geant4_DIR", I put
"/home/mkolstein/Programs/geant4/geant4.10.05.p01.gamos/lib/Linux-g++/"
I get the same error message and in the Geant4_DIR it puts
"Geant4_DIR-NOTFOUND"

So, how do I fix this?

Best regards,

Machiel