[Gate-users] Weird Phantom Warning

Nils Krah nils.krah at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Jan 19 16:12:51 CET 2021

Hi  Xinjie,

as Matthew pointed out, ​I think in the third block of instructions you need to write:

​

​/gate/phantom2/daughters/name phantom3

​/gate/phantom2/daughters/insert cylinder

​

​This is because phantom3 lies physically inside phantom2, so it must be its daughter. According to your example, phantom2 and phantom3 are both daughters of phantom1, so they are on the same hierarchy level, but phantom2 and phantom3 partially overlap. Please try changing that!

​

​To convince yourself, you can also position phantom3 "on the other side" by:

​/gate/phantom3/placement/setTranslation                     0.0 45.0 0.0 mm

​... so it does not overlap with phantom2. You should get no error anymore.

​

​Hope that helps.

​

​Nils