[Gate-users] Killed when I read a phase space file in root format: How to produce IAEAheader.

Atiq Ur Rahman atiqchep at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 06:12:45 CET 2021

Dear user,
I am using vgate 8.0 on virtualbox. I am reading a phase space file in root
format. If input the primaries are more than 500000, it stops and gives a
message of killed .
*Error Message below in blue!*
<!> *** WARNING *** <!>  Event is earlier than earliest event in
coincidence presort buffer. Consider using a larger buffer.
Killed
/gate/source/addSource  source1  phaseSpace
/gate/source/source1/useNbOfParticleAsIntensity true
/gate/source/source1/ueRandomSymmetry
/gate/source/sorce1/setPhaseSpaceInWorldFrame
/gate/source/source1/addPhaseSpaceFile waste/MyOutputFile_Gamma.root
#IAEAphsp #MyOutputFile_Gamma.root
#PH_strip_OutGoing_Particles_4M_124_MeV_M0_.root
gate/application/setTotalNumberOfPrimaries  600000
My phase space file has more than 500000 entries.
Why I am getting this error? Do you have some suggestions for me?

I also tried to store and read my output in IAEAphsp format but
 Another question I want to ask is about  file.IAEAheader file if we read
phase space using file.IAEAphsp format requires placing a header file of
the same input folder.
If I save the phasepase data in .IAEAphsp format. I can't see any header
file i the output folder. How can I produce this header file?
Regards
Atiq