[Gate-users] MHA (.mhd/.raw) vs. Analyze 7.5 (.hdr/.img) for voxelized phantom & source

Hyun Soo Park hyuns at snu.ac.kr
Fri Feb 12 01:36:38 CET 2021

Hello Pharaon,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I just was curious why almost examples and exercises for voxelized phantom
and source use the MHA (.mhd/.raw), although the format is not familiar in
the field of nuclear medicine, at least to me and to my colleagues.

I found the following in the documentation:

> The principal difference is that MHD store the ‘origin’ of the image,
> which is the coordinate of the (0,0,0) pixel expressed in the physical
> world coordinate system (in general in millimetres).

Park