[Gate-users] Gat exercices - photon beam, dose in water - only 0 values as output

Sarah Blind sarah.blind at univ-lorraine.fr
Wed Dec 15 09:14:30 CET 2021

Dear gate users,

I found the solution to my problem! It was very silly, but I'm not a physicist and I'm still discovering GATE.
- the simulation volume was way to big compared to the volume of the dose distribution I wanted to see. With few particles, I don't think any particles deposited a dose in the volume.
- I lowered the energy of the source from 10 MeV to 30 keV.
- I increased the number of primaries.

Kind regards,
Sarah Blind