[Gate-users] Question about coincidence events in root file analysis

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Aug 25 17:41:24 CEST 2021

Hello,

unsure, but please use build-in physic list instead of
"/gate/physics/addProcess" stuff (which is deprecated):
https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setting_up_the_physics.html#new-physics-list-mechanism

also try to remove "/gate/Phantom0/attachPhantomSD" to check if those
events come from the phantom (it should be anyway indicated in the root
file and remove from the analysis)

David

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 4:33 AM 升级 <hsjbit at 163.com> wrote:

> Dear GATE expert,
>
>               First, I got *"True" coincidence event* from a root file by
> filtering:
>
> index = np.where((comptonPhantom1 == 0) & (comptonPhantom2 == 0)
>                 & (eventID1 == eventID2)
>                 & ((RayleighPhantom1 == 0) & (RayleighPhantom2 == 0))
>                 )
>

>               Then, I see *True LORs *in attachment(LORs.png),  (as
> below,  *red "*" is source_xyz, green line and dots were LOR and
> positions*)
>

>           *The left subplot is my question!  **I can’t understand why
> this is included in True coincidence events*
>
>         Could you do me a favor, please?  I'm very confused.  Is it
> possible that it is a comptonCrystal or RayleighCrystal scattering?
>
>         *Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.*
>

> *The following is the content of my macro file: (phantom, physics,source)*
>
> #=====================================================
> # Phantom
> #=====================================================
> /gate/world/daughters/name Phantom0
> /gate/world/daughters/insert cylinder
> /gate/Phantom0/setMaterial Water
> /gate/Phantom0/vis/forceSolid
> /gate/Phantom0/vis/setColor blue
> /gate/Phantom0/geometry/setRmax   1.25 mm
> /gate/Phantom0/geometry/setHeight 70. cm
> /gate/Phantom0/placement/setTranslation  0. 0. 0. cm
> /gate/Phantom0/attachPhantomSD
>
> #=====================================================
> # PHYSICS
> #=====================================================
> /gate/physics/addProcess PhotoElectric
> /gate/physics/processes/PhotoElectric/setModel StandardModel
>
> /gate/physics/addProcess Compton
> /gate/physics/processes/Compton/setModel StandardModel
>
> /gate/physics/addProcess RayleighScattering
> /gate/physics/processes/RayleighScattering/setModel PenelopeModel
>
> /gate/physics/addProcess ElectronIonisation
> /gate/physics/processes/ElectronIonisation/setModel StandardModel e-
> /gate/physics/processes/ElectronIonisation/setModel StandardModel e+
>
> /gate/physics/addProcess Bremsstrahlung
> /gate/physics/processes/Bremsstrahlung/setModel StandardModel e-
> /gate/physics/processes/Bremsstrahlung/setModel StandardModel e+
>
> /gate/physics/addProcess PositronAnnihilation
>
> /gate/physics/addProcess eMultipleScattering
> /gate/physics/processes/eMultipleScattering/setModel UrbanModel e-
> /gate/physics/processes/eMultipleScattering/setModel UrbanModel e+
>
> /gate/physics/processList Enabled
> /gate/physics/processList Initialized
>
> /gate/physics/Gamma/SetCutInRegion      crystal 1.0 cm
> /gate/physics/Electron/SetCutInRegion   crystal 1.0 cm
> /gate/physics/Positron/SetCutInRegion   crystal 1.0 cm
>

> #=====================================================
> # Source
> #=====================================================
> /gate/source/addSource                  TwoGamma0
> /gate/source/TwoGamma0/setActivity      0.15e-3 Ci
>
> /gate/source/TwoGamma0/gps/particle     gamma
> [...]

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1294
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://dsarrut.github.io <http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut>
 "2 + 2 = 5,  for extremely large values of 2"