[Gate-users] Coincidence file always empty on a PETscanner system

Christian Pommranz pommranz at astro.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 15 17:35:02 CEST 2021

Dear Theo,

the patch you are referring to is included in Gate starting from
version 9.0. So the easiest solution is to upgrade to Gate 9.0 or the
current version 9.1. If you have to stick with Gate 8.2 you will need
to use the patch file, or better cherry-pick git commit 139ed8ed
(https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/pull/297/commits/139ed8ed0e4db798c641c29a66b93bb6f522f853
).

Best regards,
Christian

Am Donnerstag, dem 15.04.2021 um 15:05 +0000 schrieb Theodoros
Christodoulou:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the PETscanner system for building my detector. Everything
> works fine except the coincidences recorded. Always the coincidence
> file is empty. The hit and single data are stored fine. I am using
> vGate 8.2.
>
> It seems that other people experience the same problem
> (http://lists.opengatecollaboration.org/pipermail/gate-users/2019-February/010729.html
> ). As the problem seems to exist from 2019, is there any solution to
> that problem that does not involve a hack patch file?
>
> Best
> Theo

Christian Pommranz

Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics
Kepler Center for Astro and Particle Physics
Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
Sand 1
D-72076 Tübingen
Germany