[Gate-users] Standard HU ranges for Abdomen and Brain CT images

Atiq Ur Rahman atiqchep at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:33:01 CEST 2021

Hi Maria Inês,
Thank you so much for your feedback.
 The purpose of using CT is to incorporate inhomogeneity in the human body
and targets.  In my opinion, setting long intervals may affect the actual
motive. otherwise, the material may become a phantom of
discrete materials (which also become in case of very small bins too) with
sharp variations on interfaces of the HU which may take the whole
practice of simulation very far from the real situations.
Secondly, I have a question about the HU unit ranges. By the way, from
which resource do you use these range numbers for different organs. Do you
have a standard list for that? Do you mind sharing this information or
point to me!  Because my background knowledge about CT and Human organs is
really poor!  How can I solve this problem?
Regards
Atiq