[Gate-users] Materials with user-defined isotope abundances

APSARA TENNAKOON apsara at connect.hku.hk
Sun Apr 4 19:20:26 CEST 2021

Thank you Konstantinos,

Could you help advise if GATE allows me to define a material containing *a
specific isotope *of an element (e.g. 18-O). I am trying to simulate
interactions of a proton beam in 18-O enriched water.

I have tried to define a new element 'Heavyoxygen' (S = Oh) with Z = 8., A
= 17.999 g/mole, and a new material Heavywater composed of H and Oh in
GateMaterials.db. My concern is if GATE recognizes Oh as 18-O and knows to
use the associated cross-sections for interactions with e.g. protons.

Please advise.

Thank you!
Apsara