[Gate-users] A new web site for GATE

Nils Krah nils.krah at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Nov 25 11:16:38 CET 2020

And right away some more thoughts:

​

Unclutter the Documentation page. Specifically, point to the current user guide on readthedocs and move all the other further down in a section "previous user guides" or similar.

Put a shortcut to readthedocs in the shortcut box on the righjt. ​

​​

​The "Physics-list selection and recommendations" section of the page should actually be part of the user guide, I think. Or is there a good reason to have that explicitly on that page?

​

​And, sorry for the ignorant question, is the userwiki still in use? I thought it was superseeded by readthedocs? If so, the links should be removed or marked as obsolete and made less prominent. Stone me if I am missing something. ​

​

​The Howto and FAQ are actually the same thing ->  merge. And how about including them in the readthedocs documentation? That would centralize information and make it more maintainable (via git/readthedocs).

​

​The table of Gate-modelled systems is a nice overview. I would move it to the "Publications" section of the website because it mainly points to the respective publications and not to the documentation of the systems.

​

​That's it.

​Thanks for the energy and effort your are putting into the website. Easy to criticize, but much harder to put in place and maintain.

​Nils