[Gate-users] STIR-GATE-Connection v1.0 Release

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Nov 16 16:37:56 CET 2020

this is really great !

I think it could be interesting to put a link to your repository in the
Gate documentation.
Can you please provide some input please? It is easy, just look in the
documentation (https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/) where it is the
best to advertise your code (maybe at the end of the section "Imaging
Application", with an additional subsection "Image Reconstruction" ?) and
create a Pull Request (black menu "edit on github").

I think it could be nice also to cite and link to other reconstruction code
such as Castor or RTK.

Thanks again !
David

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:25 PM Twyman, Robert <robert.twyman.18 at ucl.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of v1.0 of the STIR-GATE-Connection:
> https://github.com/UCL/STIR-GATE-Connection/releases/tag/v1.0
>
> This project aims to link GATE, a Monte-Carlo simulation toolkit for
> medical physics applications, with STIR (Software for Tomographic Image
> Reconstruction) by:
> • creating a GATE compatible voxelised phantom, from a parameter file or
> interfile, using STIR functionality
> • setting up and running GATE simulations in cluster array jobs
> • combining and unlisting root list mode files into sinogram format for
> reconstruction using STIR
> • computing normalisation factors and randoms estimation from delayed
> events (in future scatter estimation)
>
> We will continue to further develop this project and welcome any and all
> contributions in the form of examples GATE scanner geometries and
> modifications to the existing scripts. Please feel free to raise issues on
> the GitHub.
>
> Please cite our v1.0 release : https://zenodo.org/record/4271795
>
> Take care!
> Robert Twyman

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1206
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut