[Gate-users] Positron range simulation - inconsistency between GATE 8.0/ 9.0 and between source types

Minh Phuong Nguyen mipbkhn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:49:22 CET 2020

Hi Cassandra,

Thank you for your reply. I use the following standard definition for the
physics list. I also put the definition of the I-124 point source below.
How do you set the energy cuts? Do you mean the production threshold:
https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cut_and_variance_reduction_technics.html?highlight=range%20cut#production-threshold

#  P H Y S I C S
/gate/physics/addPhysicsList emstandard
/gate/physics/addProcess RadioactiveDecay
/gate/physics/processList Enabled
/gate/physics/processList Initialized

# S O U R C E:  I-124
/gate/source/addSource pointsource
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/particle ion
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/ion 53 124 0 0
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/monoenergy 0. keV
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/angtype iso
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/mintheta 0 deg
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/maxtheta 180 deg
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/minphi -180 deg
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/maxphi 180 deg
/gate/source/pointsource/gps/centre 0 0 0 mm
/gate/source/pointsource/setActivity 30000000 Bq

Best,
Minh