[Gate-users] Getting the output of the optical simulation

Francisco Enríquez frank.enrqz at gmail.com
Sun May 3 07:45:45 CEST 2020

Dear Jebhin Im,

I believe (although I’m not completely sure!) that the reason why the *.dat file does not contain all the information that the *.root file has, is because the data from “trackLocalTime” and so on were recently implemented in GATE (since v.8.0) by UC Davis and probably only for the root output file. Besides that, rather than outputting all your data in *.dat files, I’ll recommend you use root mainly because of the level of compression that it provides (You’ll see that the output files can contain too much information, even for very simple simulations).

Attached in this email is a *.C file that converts the Hits data (from Optical Systems) from a *.root file into binary data. Feel free to use it if it’s useful for you 😊

Regards,
Francisco