[Gate-users] Report of GATEv8.2 bugs

Maxime Toussaint Maxime.Toussaint at USherbrooke.ca
Sat Mar 7 04:04:54 CET 2020

Greetings,

I quickly looked at the code and I think I found the problem. In short, the documentation is correct for the current version of the Gate code on github but not for Gate 8.2.

If we look at [1], we see that a change was made from having PETscanner/scanner system with components called layer0/layer1 to one called level5. That change was committed the 9th of May 2019 while Gate 8.2 seems to be a Februray 2019 version of the code.

I tried using layer0 (and later layer1) and Gate did not produce any warning nor bug. Note that this does not prove that the resulting system work.

Also, "PETscanner" is a valid system definition. I will propose a modification of the table 1.2 to make it more explicit.

This situation does highlight a little problem. From my understanding, the current version of the user guide follow the code on github but it is also used for the current stable version of Gate (8.2 at the moment). If I am correct, I would propose that a version of the user guide, extracted at the same time as the official version, be saved separately from the "latest" and a note added saying something like "correction to the user guide are only applied on the latest version". After all, we can't expect anyone to adapt all versions of the user guide each time the user guide is enhanced.

Hope that I could help and have a nice day,
Maxime Toussaint

[1] https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/blame/cbe7ffb1c3222b5c1801eb7bc8b703253540e6b1/source/geometry/src/GateScannerSystem.cc
________________________________
De : Gate-users <gate-users-bounces at lists.opengatecollaboration.org> de la part de Matthew Strugari <matthew.strugari at dal.ca>
Envoyé : 6 mars 2020 20:57
À : Zhengzhi Liu <zliu36 at stanford.edu>; gate-users <gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org>
Objet : Re: [Gate-users] Report of GATEv8.2 bugs

Hi Zhengzhi,

According to the user manual (Section 1.5.1 https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/defining_a_system_scanner_ct_pet_spect_optical.html#defining-the-systems<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fopengate.readthedocs.io%2Fen%2Flatest%2Fdefining_a_system_scanner_ct_pet_spect_optical.html%23defining-the-systems&data=02%7C01%7Cmaxime.toussaint%40usherbrooke.ca%7Ca024c53c478b4cf67bb508d7c23aea2f%7C3a5a8744593545f99423b32c3a5de082%7C0%7C0%7C637191430603668276&sdata=vrUm3YDvxYlQ04pCVhAdT%2B6tfGiNZmjBjz39cWRnquM%3D&reserved=0>), the system name must be one of those available in Table 1.1. In the image you provided, this would be Table 4.1. I’m not sure which version of the user manual you are referring to, but the most up to date information can be found on readthedocs. Nonetheless, your error of COMMAND NOT FOUND shows that you defined the system name to be PETscanner which is not a valid system name. Replace “PETscanner” with “scanner” and you should be able to assign level5 with the defined functionality.

Regards,

Matthew