[Gate-users] Multiple ring repeaters

Etienne Auger Etienne.Auger at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Jun 16 19:05:21 CEST 2020

Hello Steve,

As you found out, I do not think it is possible to apply a ring repeater on an already "ring repeated" volume. But I think you still have at least two options to achieve what you want here.

1) If it does not bother you to define again the same SPECThead with a different name (e.g. SPECThead2), you could just apply another ring repeater to this new volume, by specifying the starting angle as 180 deg :

/gate/SPECThead2/repeaters/insert ring
/gate/SPECThead2/ring/setFirstAngle 180 deg # this line is important to achieve what you want!
/gate/SPECThead2/ring/setAngularSpan 76 deg
/gate/SPECThead2/ring/setRepeatNumber 2

2) If you absolutely want to keep a single definition of your SPECThead, then you could have a look at the generic repeater, which could be a good option for you also since you only have to calculate the rotations and translations needed to position four volumes on a circle : https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/defining_a_geometry.html?highlight=ring%20repeater#generic-repeater.

In the hope that this answer will help you,

Étienne