[Gate-users] How to simulate Lu-176 in LSO crystal

Arnulfo Martinez-Davalos arnulfo at fisica.unam.mx
Thu Jun 11 21:03:12 CEST 2020

Dear Zhengzhi,

Please let me call your attention to a series of papers our group has
published regarding the intrinsic radioactivity in LYSO crystals due to
Lu-176:

- Alva-Sánchez H, et al., “Understanding the intrinsic radioactivity
energy spectrum from 176Lu in LYSO/LSO scintillation crystals”, Nature
Sci. Rep. (2018) 8:17310 (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-35684-x)

- Enríquez-Mier-y-Terán FE, et al., “GATE simulation of the intrinsic
radioactivity in LYSO scintillation crystals”, Nucl. Instr. Meth. B 454
(2019) 1-5. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2019.06.001).

- Enríquez-Mier-y-Terán FE, et al., “Coincidence energy spectra due to
the intrinsic radioactivity of LYSO scintillation crystals”, EJNMMI
Physics (2020) 7:21 (https://doi.org/10.1186/s40658-020-00291-1).

For the second and third ones we actually used the ion source for Lu-176
in GATE v8.1, and it worked just fine. I hope you find this information
useful.

Best regards,
Arnulfo

Arnulfo Martinez-Davalos, PhD