[Gate-users] FW: STIR-GATE-Connection Project

Thielemans, Kris k.thielemans at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 15:27:36 CEST 2020

Dear all

Please see Robert’s email below.

All the best

Kris Thielemans
Professor in Medical Imaging Physics at University College London,
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, UCL Hospital, Tower 5,
235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU, UK

Sent: 02 July 2020 16:49
Subject: STIR-GATE-Connection Project

Dear All

I am emailing today to share the STIR-GATE-Connection open source project, which has been developed at UCL by Robert Twyman and Prof. Kris Thielemans, but is based upon the previous efforts of Dr Elise Emond, Dr Ludovica Brusaferri, and Dr Vesna Cuplov.
https://github.com/UCL/STIR-GATE-Connection

The purpose of this project is to provide a simple method to: create a voxelised phantom from a parameter file or image using STIR functionality, setup and run Gate in cluster array jobs, and combine and unlist root files, such that they can be reconstructed with STIR.

I will be presenting an overview of this work as part of the CCPSyneRBI's 27th (virtual) Software Meeting on Monday 6th July 2020 - 09:30 to 11:30, for more information see: http://www.ccpsynerbi.ac.uk/node/272<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ccpsynerbi.ac.uk%2Fnode%2F272&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd40b8251b2ac4740d14e08d81e9f915d%7C1faf88fea9984c5b93c9210a11d9a5c2%7C0%7C1%7C637293017973586170&sdata=nLgb%2FIelaUi44EhpxONax49OFss2BMjGpxp%2Fzxoiipk%3D&reserved=0>.  See also the corresponding virtual hackathon, where this will be used for other scanners such as the mCT, which you’d be welcome to join.

This project is a work in process but we believe the core concept is now developed. I hope this may be useful. We welcome and encourage help and contributions to this project.

Yours Faithfully,
Robert Twyman
Ph.D Student in Medical Imaging Physics at University College London