[Gate-users] Run GATETOOLS from Python script

Botnariuc, Daniela daniela.botnariuc.19 at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 12:56:04 CET 2020

Dear GATE users,

I have been using the gatetools (thank you for this great contribution!) from the command line but I would like to run them from a python script. I am not as familiar with python as I should be to understand the code in detail. I tried to transform the bash scripts that run the tools from the command line to python files but I am having problems with the type of input/output the functions require.

For example, for the gt_image_convert, how should I write my input (path to the dicom folder) and output in python to run the function?
I thought it would be something like: (but I am missing something)

gt_image_convert('/home/gate/Documents/dicom_folder','output.mhd','float')

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Daniela