[Gate-users] Potential bug in ring repeaters in GATE

Zhengzhi Liu zliu36 at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 27 06:21:47 CET 2020

Hi Ane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. Yes, you
are right. I do need to reset the value of minSectorDifference to 1, which
is default to 2. After resetting the minSectorDifference to 1, everything
works as expected. I used minSectorDifference before, but all of a sudden I
forgot to adjust the value because with the times of ring repeater setting
to 2, these two detector heads are far away from each other and a
minSectorDifference of 2 will make no sense at all. Maybe I
thought minSectorDifference has a default value of 1 (which makes more
sense to me). Anyhow, I will keep it in mind in the future.

Thanks, Ane for the speedy and accurate response.

Best wishes,
Zhengzhi