[Gate-users] Potential bug in units to materials conversion

Matthew Strugari matthew.strugari at dal.ca
Fri Feb 28 17:43:25 CET 2020

Dear gate-users,

There appears to be an issue when defining the associated material for each voxel in an image. I have loaded a binary image with the units to materials conversion defined in a AttenuationRange.dat file:
2
0 0 worldDefaultAir
1 1 Water
I have also set the world material as worldDefaultAir resulting in a total of two defined materials throughout my entire simulation. When executing my macro, there is a message stating that 3 materials are in the image:
[Volume-1]  Number of different materials in the image data/Cropped_contour_binary.mhd : 3
[Physic-1]
[Physic-1]  ----------------------------------------------------------
[Physic-1]                      Ionization potential
[Physic-1]   - worldDefaultAir defaut value: I = 85.7031 eV
[Physic-1]   - Air defaut value: I = 85.6694 eV
[Physic-1]   - Water defaut value: I = 68.9984 eV
Has anyone else noticed this issue? I don't know if it's possible to verify what voxels are assigned to what material. It would be nice to see the total number of voxels assigned to a given material at run time.

Best,

Matthew

--

Matthew Strugari

Biomedical Translational Imaging Centre - BIOTIC,
5890 University Ave,
Halifax, NS, B3K 6R8