[Gate-users] Towards Gate 9.0 (Report of GATEv8.2 bugs)

강한규 lovehangulp at naver.com
Wed Feb 19 09:07:47 CET 2020

Dear David Sarrut,

Let me share the bugs of GATEv8.2.
I tried to simulate a PEM (Positron emission mammography) scanner with GATEv8.2.(slide#3-8)
For the system type, "PETscanner" was used because of the non-fixed geometry.

Bug#1: Check pattern with the cubicArray repeater.
When the back-to-back source (red) is at the center of the scanner, there was no problem.
However, as the source was placed close to the one detector side, the check pattern was appeared on the detector response.(slide#10)
This problem can be solved by using genericRepeater.(slide#11-12)
Unfortunately, however, the coincidence sorter does not work with the genericRepeater.

Bug#2: Coincidence sorter does not work with the genericRepeater (slide#13-16)
         The coincidence sorter issue could be solved by using git patch which was proposed by Christian Pommaranz (pommranz at astro.uni-tuebingen.de).
         After several steps of GATE macro and source code modification, the PEM scanner simulation worked successfully.(slide#16)
         However, for the beginners of GATE, it is going to hard to do it by themselves.

Hopefully, the abovementioned bugs would be resolved in the GATEv9.0.

Best regards,

Han Gyu Kang, Ph.D.

Imaging Physics Group, NIRS-QST, Japan.