[Gate-users] Problem with Initialization of Geometry

Xinjie Cao xinjie.cao at stonybrook.edu
Mon Apr 13 21:16:18 CEST 2020

Hi Coello,

Thanks for your immediate response, it does help me a lot to understand
that file with GATE. Thank you!

Best,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 3:02 PM Límbano Iván López Coello <
vancoello at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Mr Cao
>

> the number 4 on the left upper corner indicates the number of structures
> which are 1 for air and three for water.
>
> the numbers in pair of the two columns before the name of the
> structure indicate the range of the Hounsfield Units that you are
> segmentanding. the booleans values indicate if you want to show or not
> these structures.
>  and the last 4 columns indicate the transparency and color like RGB. I
> have not work with the last part because usually the graphics consume much
> computer hardware so it is better to have that resources for calculations.
>
> let me know if you have further questions.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Ivan
>
> El lun., 13 abr. 2020 a las 13:48, Xinjie Cao (<xinjie.cao at stonybrook.edu>)
> escribió:
>
>> I guess the problem is about the brain phantom related file,
>> range_atten-brain.dat as followed:
>> ```
>> 4
>> 0 0 Air false 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.2
>> 4 4 Water true 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.2
>> 5 5 Water true 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.2
>> 14 15 Water true 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.2 ```
>> Is anyone familiar with this file? Can anybody explain it explicitly?
>> Like what is the '0' before Air meaning?
>> Any response will be highly appreciated! Thank you!
>>
>> Best,
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 10:12 AM Xinjie Cao <xinjie.cao at stonybrook.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am running a simulation with new geometry of our model, but the GATE
>>> always stucks with following problem:
>>> ```
>>> List of initialized processes:
>>> [Core-0] Initialization of geometry
>>> GateMaterialDatabase.cc (l.131): GateMaterialDatabase: could not find
>>> the definition for material '0' in material files
>>>
>>> ```
>>> I am not sure what is the problem with this error, but I have checked my
>>> macro many times without any definition for material '0'. Has anyone ever
>>> met this problem before? Any answer will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
>>>
>>> Best,

*....................................................*
*Xinjie Cao*
*M.E. / Ph.D. student*
*Research Project Assistant*
*Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering & Radiology *
*Novel Medical Imaging Technologies Lab*
*Health Science Center Level 8*
*Stony Brook, NY 11794-8460 *
*Tel: +1 (631)202-9445*
you.stonybrook.edu/goldan/people/
*email: **xinjie.cao at stonybroo*k.edu <xinjie.cao at stonybrook.edu>

It is prohibited to distribute or publish the files attached to any other
people unless you get permission from the writer himself. All rights
reserved.