[Gate-users] No internal conversion electrons from Tc99m ion source

Moo, Joshua joshua.moo at kcl.ac.uk
Sat Oct 12 15:37:17 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I am currently trying to run a simulation to detect the gammas and internal conversion electrons from a Tc99m source. I want to get a measurement of the 'ground truth' of the proportion of gammas to electrons i.e what would be the typical gamma and electron counts.

In my mac file I have simulated a Tc99m point source in vacuum with a planar NaI detector, however, upon looking at the output files, there aren't any high energy (~140keV) IC electrons reaching the detector. I suspect there is something to do with my physics or processes.

Regards,
Joshua