[Gate-users] TPSPlan simulations

jbaran jbaran at ifj.edu.pl
Fri Oct 4 14:46:04 CEST 2019

Dear GATE Community,

I am trying to validate the GATE software with TPS (GATE-RTion) for
proton radiotherapy planning at our centre in Cracow. I prepared the
beam model and CT calibration as requested at GATE wiki. For the dicom
plan conversion I used clitkDicomRTPlan2GATE from VV software.
I found one problem in the simulations. I believe the
PatientAngleSupport (couch angle) is not taken into account at all. I
simplified the whole plan to just one spot and run the simulation with
GATE and compared with TPS. Let say in original plan PatientSupportAngle
is 340. However, the dose profile of the spot suggest that that Patient
Support Angle is 0. For testing purpose I changed just the
PatientSupportAngle into 300 and 200. But the dose profiles looks
exactly the same as in case of 340 (they are situated exactly in the
same position for all three cases and doesn't correspond to the proper
dose profile from TPS).

Please find attached a few images shown the dose map imposed on the CT.

The plan description file is as follows:
#TREATMENT-PLAN-DESCRIPTION
#PlanName
Toto
#NumberOfFractions