[Gate-users] Cross section biasing

Lorenzo Mercolli lorenzo.mercolli at lhep.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 22 08:58:28 CET 2019

Dear Gate users

I'm interested in photonuclear reactions. Since this is a very
inefficient process, I would like to artificially enhance the relevant
cross sections to speed up the simulation. A quick web search showed
that Geant4 offers the possibility to do a cross-section biasing.
However, I have no clue if and how I could add this in my Gate
simulation without having to dive too deep into Geant4 (I'm not very
experienced with Gate). Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Lorenzo