[Gate-users] phase contrast simulation in analytic phantom geometry

Jianbing dongjbstrong at 163.com
Wed May 29 02:38:35 CEST 2019

Dear Gaters:
    I want to use Gate to simulate the X-ray phase contrast imaging in CT scanning, which is based on the Fresnel diffraction law.
    After building up the phantom geometry, the grating geometry (optical elements for phase contrast imaging), the FixedForcedDetectorActor was used to save the output from this simulation. But I encountered an error: "you need one voxelized volume in your scene".
   So here are some questions:
   1. I was wandering that is the Actor the only way to simulate phase-contrast imaging in Gate?  Is it possible the simulation of phase-contrast imaging without any Actors? Or how can I use Gate to simulate phase-contrast imaging without Actors?
   2. Does Actors must use voxelized phantom, like real patient data imported from some pictures?
   3. Is there any way I can save my analytic phantom geometry into voxelized file, so it can be imported as voxelized phantom to use Actors for phase-contrast imaging?

   Here is information about my operating configuration:
   VMware ubuntu 16.04
   Geant4 10.4.3
   RTK 1.4.0
   ITK 4.13.0