[Gate-users] Visual on a MAC

Mahdjoub Hamdi mahdjoub.hamdi at hotmail.fr
Mon Jun 17 22:39:25 CEST 2019

Hi Hälsningar,

I used to install GATE on Linux Ubuntu, for visualizing simulation geometry you need at least to put 'GEANT4_USE_OPENGL_X11' to 'ON' . To use QT you need to install it (if it's not available on your machine).
Here is a link on how to install QT on MacOS, just follow the described steps.
https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/install-mac.html

Then during the configuration of GEANT4 using CCMAKE put 'GEANT4_USE_QT' to 'ON' and in the  variable 'QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE' enter the path to you're QT installation folder.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Mahdjoub,
St. Louis, MO, USA