[Gate-users] Example Phantom Source, Voxellized Phantom/Source Does Not Work?

Kurt V kurtv1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 02:55:36 CEST 2019

Dear GATE Community,

I am attempting to run the example in phantom source, voxellized phantom/source but, it does not work.
I am using vGate 8.2 (Gate 8.2).
I haven’t changed anything and am just running the built in example but an error occurs saying a reader is outdated.
I also downloaded the same but, updated example in the Gate Github account but, that one has an error also.

Does anyone have any updated working example that incorporates a voxellized phantom and a voxellized source?
I am trying to learn how these commands work but, nothing is functioning correctly.

I have included the error at the bottom, that occurs with the built-in example.

As always thanks all and I appreciate all suggestions,
Kurt Van Delinder, M.Sc., M.Sc. RT(T)

[Core-0] Initialization of geometry
### WARNING ### setSkipEqualMaterials at false !! The Geant4 method is not safe since the release 9.5 - Need to be fixed
### WARNING ### SetImage is obsolete and will be removed from the next release. Please use setImage
Header read from       'brain_phantom.h33'
Data file name         'brain_phantom.i33'
Nb of planes:           16
Nb of pixels per plane: 32 32
Pixel size:             8.8 8.8
Slice thickness:        11.2
Matrix size:            281.6 281.6
Data type:              UNSIGNED INTEGER
Bytes per pixel:        2
Data byte order:        LITTLEENDIAN
Machine byte order:     LITTLEENDIAN

[G4-cerr]
[G4-cerr] Error: the number of pixels that were read from the data file (130)
is inferior to the number computed from its header file (16384)!

-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------
*** G4Exception : InterfileTooShort
      issued by : GateInterfileHeader.cc InterfileTooShort
Correct problem then try again... Sorry!
*** Fatal Exception *** core dump ***
[G4-cerr]  **** Track information is not available at this moment
[G4-cerr]  **** Step information is not available at this moment
[G4-cerr]