[Gate-users] Converting GATE root output files into projection files for STIR use

Satyajit Ghosh satyajitghosh.email at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 20:44:12 CEST 2019

Dear All,

I am using Bin_GATE_v1.0.c program to convert the output root file of GATE
simulation into projection file to be used in STIR. The GATE simulation is
about "cylindricalPET system" which has certain geometrical hierarchy like
3DPET -> single ring -> rsector (block detector/ module) -> crystal etc.
The problem I am facing is about choosing appropriate set of DLS parameters
(defined in the code) compatible with "cylindricalPET system" defined in
GATE. After seeing the DLS parameters, I have a feeling that the
Bin_GATE_v1.0.c code is written for some old version PET data acquisition
system. Because various DLS parameters like N_DET, N_MODULE, N_SUBMOD etc
are confusing with respect to "cylindricalPET system".

Am I right or there is some misunderstanding? Please correct me. If it is
really outdated code then how to choose DLS parameters to produce correct
projection file to be used in STIR.

Attaching Bin_GATE_v1_0.c code hereunder.

--
*Satyajit Ghosh*

*Senior Research Fellow*

*Nuclear Spectroscopy and Molecular Imaging Lab,*
*Physics Department, IIT Bombay,*
*Mumbai-400076, INDIA*