[Gate-users] Easy Gate Installation

kirova at MSKCC.ORG kirova at MSKCC.ORG
Mon Jan 28 18:30:32 CET 2019

Hi Alexandre and Maxime,

Thank you very much for responding.   Actually disabling vis also give the error.
Dan will answer your questions in more details, but the Ubuntu version I think was the one required.
There were some errors in mid installation, but it said successfully installed at the end  and both on the other an on this computer we have v8.1.
Dan will check few more things and will come back to you.

Assen

From: Alexandre CARRÉ [mailto:xela.errac at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 12:25 PM
To: Kirov, Assen/Medical Physics <kirova at MSKCC.ORG>; gate-users <gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org>; Lafontaine, Daniel/Medical Physics <lafontad at mskcc.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Re: [Gate-users] Easy Gate Installation

Hello Assen,

To better understand the problem :
What is your Linux distribution ?
Did you get any error during the installation ?
When you have Gate is it version 8.1 or a previous installed version?

Best regards,

Alexandre

Le jeu. 24 janv. 2019 à 23:14, <kirova at mskcc.org<mailto:kirova at mskcc.org>> a écrit :
Hi Alexandre,

Thank you so much for the prompt response!

  1.  The .mac script runs well on a different installation.  It is just a simple geometry with three materials and a histogram defined source.
So we don’t open any files. The error seems to be that during the initialization
GateImageT.icc (l.75): tries to open a file different from
.vox, .hdr, .img, .mhd, .mha, .h33, .i33, .dcm :

“PreInit> /gate/run/initialize
…
[Core-0] Initialization of actors
GateImageT.icc (l.75): Unknown image file extension. Supported extensions are :
.vox, .hdr, .img, .mhd, .mha, .h33, .i33, .dcm”

  1.  The source-gatev8.1 alias could not run for us after running the installation script.

So we just source gate_enc.sh and that allows us to run Gate.

That is how we run it on another machine without errors but also without visualization.

 But maybe source-gatev8.1 does more than gate_env.sh and that may fix the above problem ?

Where is it? I could not find it.

Daniel is an excellent programmer who will be learning GATE and I advised him to request a collaborative account.

Thanks again,

Assen