[Gate-users] ARF fails to produce output

Matthew Strugari matthew.strugari at dal.ca
Tue Dec 10 21:41:06 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the ARF table is designed to be used with parallel hole collimators? I am having a hard time obtaining any useful results when using the ARF table with my single pinhole collimator. The attached photos show the projection data used to generate the ARF table and, under identical source placement and SPECThead placement conditions, the output does not appear anything like it should. Could this be caused by the fact that my SPECThead is defined in the XZ plane and then rotated into the YZ plane to generate, compute, and use the ARF tables? I have tried changing the projectionPlane orientation from XZ to YZ which produces identical output as shown in the image.

Thank you,
Matthew