[Gate-users] ECAT7 compile error for GATE v8.0

Sowmiya Raj Thirumalai sthirum6 at asu.edu
Tue Dec 10 04:13:49 CET 2019

Hi All,

  I am trying to compile ecat7 library for GATE v8.0. I did the following
steps:

1) Installed root binaries (root v6.18)
2) Downloaded and compiled Geant4 (geant4.10.03.p01)
3) Created ecat7 directory and did untar for the ecat7 library sources
4) Downloaded GATE v8.0 and made changes in the ccmake file to include
ECAT7 and gave the path for ecat7 directory
5) Generated the ccmake file
6) Changed directory to ecat7
7) Gave the command: cp Makefile.unix Makefile
8) Gave the command: make
9) Changed path to ecat7/utils directory
10) Gave the command: cp Makefile.unix Makefile
11) Gave the command: make

  After the above step (make in ecat7/utils directory), the following error
is shown. Could anyone please tell me what is the issue and how to correct
it?

cc -O -I..  -o matlist ./matlist.c ../libecat.a  -lrpcsvc -lnsl -lsocket
-lm
./matlist.c:8:1: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
 main( argc, argv)
 ^
./matlist.c: In function ‘main’:
./matlist.c:22:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘exit’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   exit(1);
   ^
./matlist.c:22:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘exit’
./matlist.c:22:3: note: include ‘<stdlib.h>’ or provide a declaration of
‘exit’
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsocket
Makefile:35: recipe for target 'matlist' failed
make: *** [matlist] Error 1

Thanks & Regards
Sowmiya