[Gate-users] Physics List

Marina Vergara Díaz maverdia at upvnet.upv.es
Fri Aug 30 10:20:40 CEST 2019

Dear Gaters,

I have several questions regarding the physics list builders used for
simulations. Suppose I want to make an ideal PET camera simulation (no
scatter, no attenuation). Before Gate 7 as I could add the physical
procceses separately I could just disable the ones I am not interested
on. What is the procedure now that we have to rely on the Geant4
builders? There is a way to modify that list from Gate or do I have to
stick with the previous method of giving each process instead of
importing the list?

Another question is about the electromagnetic builders. For medical
imaging in Gate documentation there is recommended emstandard_opt3 but
from Geant4 they recomend emstandard_opt4 as is more
low-energy-oriented. Some ideas? All the advises would be very welcome
:)

Regards,
Marina.