[Gate-users] need help: magnetic field makes no difference

pkhateri pkhateri at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 28 15:45:45 CEST 2019

Hi Jakub,

Sure! No problem.

That's true. Photons do not interact but positrons do. The effect should
be observed on the positron range. Studies show that the magnetic filed
can limit the range of positron movement in the direction perpendicular
to the magnetic field. Therefore, we should see the scatter graph a bit
squeezed along x and y axis in this example.

About my simulation, It was a sphere source located inside an acrylic
cube (10mm each side). The source is defined as follows:
/gate/source/addSource                      point_source_O15_NEMA
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/setActivity       100000 becquerel
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/type Volume
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/shape         Sphere
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/radius        0.5 mm
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/particle      e+
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/energytype    Oxygen15
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/useDefaultHalfLife
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/centre        0 0 0 mm
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/gps/angtype       iso
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/setForcedUnstableFlag true
/gate/source/point_source_O15_NEMA/visualize 2000 blue 5
/gate/source/list

Please let me know if anything else should be clarified.

Bests,

Parisa