[Gate-users] Background noise source

Matthew Strugari matthew.strugari at dal.ca
Fri Aug 16 20:13:52 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I am interested in modelling background noise in my SPECT images and I have included the lines below in my macro. Is there a way to include a random spatial distribution for the noise? I expected that the background noise would appear randomly throughout the crystal but all of the counts associated with background noise are located directly in the center of my crystal.

# N O I S E
/gate/distributions/name                                  energy_distrib
/gate/distributions/insert                                  Flat
/gate/distributions/energy_distrib/setMin         30 keV
/gate/distributions/energy_distrib/setMax        300 keV

/gate/distributions/name                                  dt_distrib
/gate/distributions/insert                                  Gaussian
/gate/distributions/dt_distrib/setMean              12.5 ms
/gate/distributions/dt_distrib/setSigma             1.4 ms

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert                                     noise
/gate/digitizer/Singles/noise/setEnergyDistribution  energy_distrib
/gate/digitizer/Singles/noise/setDeltaTDistribution   dt_distrib

Cheers,

Matthew

--

Matthew Strugari

Biomedical Translational Imaging Centre - BIOTIC,
5890 University Ave,
Halifax, NS, B3K 6R8