[Gate-users] Problem reconstructing non-cylindrical (orbiting) SPECT detection system in GATE MC

Kurt V kurtv1 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 18:55:41 CEST 2019

Dear Gate Users,

I am attempting to produce a GATE reconstruction of a Dynamic SPECT System (DSPECT) which uses a rotating (sweeping) detection system instead of the traditional orbiting system.

I noticed from my projection(.sin) & header file (.hdr) that the rotation angles and extent of rotations are incorrect. They state the extent of rotation is 1800 degrees where it is actually only 45 degrees.

This is giving me a problem with reconstruction and also when reconstructing with STIR.

Does anyone know how I can reconstruct a rotating detection system with correct header output files?

Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to reconstruct a non-orbiting detection system using STIR?

Attached: Gate Macro, Gate header file, STIR interfile and image of D-SPECT system.

As always thanks and I appreciate all suggestions,
Kurt Van Delinder, M.Sc, M.Sc, RT