[Gate-users] Simulation timing out

Konstantinos P. Chatzipapas, MSc konhat88 at yahoo.gr
Wed Oct 31 11:08:15 CET 2018

Hello Tyrone,
A solution to your problem may probably be to run 10 different simulations of 10^9 and then sum your outcomes (e.g. sum images). Finally, you will have the result of a simulation with 10^10 histories.

Regards,Konstantinos
----------------------------------------------------- Konstantinos Chatzipapas
    Medical Physicist, MSc
       University of Patras
    web page: Physics Magazine

    Στις Τετάρτη, 31 Οκτωβρίου 2018, 11:27:03 π.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Maxime Chauvin <maxime.chauvin at inserm.fr> έγραψε:

 Dear Tyrone Te Ruruku,
I have never seen that number before, it may be that you hit the memory limit of your computer and it stops.
On another note, the number 10^10 of primaries you are trying to simulate will not work because of a Geant4/GATE limitation due to the coding of that integer number in signed 32 bits. The maximum number you can set is 2^32/2 = 2147483648 primaries.
Good luck with your simulations,  Maxime Chauvin

On 30 Oct 2018, at 21:53, Tyrone Te Ruruku <Tyrone.TeRuruku at waikatodhb.health.nz> wrote:Hello all,  I am trying to run a simulation with a large number of histories. Every time I run my mac file the simulation stops before executing all the primaries. I have stated in my mac file to run 10000000000 but it always stops at 1410065408. Does anyone know why this is might be happening?  Naku noa,Tyrone Te RurukuMedical Physics RegistrarMedical Physics (Kaiahupūngao Whakaora) | Lomas Building | Waikato DHB                        This electronic message, together with any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient: 1.do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way. 2.please let me know by return email immediately and then destroy the message. Waikato DHB is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending by Waikato DHB. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and effects. Waikato DHB takes no responsibility for affected attachments. Click on link www.waikatodhb.health.nz/disclaimer to view the company policy website. If you are not redirected to the company policy website then copy and paste the URL into a new browser window.This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com_______________________________________________
Gate-users mailing list
Gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org