[Gate-users] Problems with scoring edep and dose in non rectangular geometries and CAD geometries

Line.Campbell at gmx.de Line.Campbell at gmx.de
Wed Oct 10 19:34:39 CEST 2018

Hi Leonie,

I think your problem might be the position of the dose actor.
Do you move your CAD geometry to the same position as the Gate constructed geometry after implementing it in your Gate simulation?
If this is the case, then you cannot only attach the dose actor to the CAD geometry you need to set it to the position your CAD geometry is at before moving it.
The position of the dose actor is at (0,0,0) at the beginning and it moves with the displacement of the geometry. Which is fine for a Gate constructed geometry which is constructed at (0,0,0) but a CAD geometry may not be.

For example: When I construct a cube in FreeCAD (without translating it in FreeCAD) and implement it in my Gate simulation then its center is not at the center of the Gate coordinate system, one corner of it is. Therefore I need to set the position of the dose actor to (a/2,a/2,a/2) "a" being the length of the cube sides. Now the dose actor is fixed to the center of the cube and behaves the same as with a Gate constructed geometry.

Greetings,

Caroline