[Gate-users] error in SETLEdoseActor with gantry rotation?

Luke Gilling Luke.Gilling at waikatodhb.health.nz
Fri Nov 16 05:41:01 CET 2018

Hello all,

I am modelling gantry rotation by rotating a phantom around coordinate (0,0,0). I am modelling a full 360 degree phantom rotation in 326 slices. When I use an unvoxelised phantom and regular dose actors this works fine. When I use a voxelised (.mhd) phantom and the SETLE dose actor @ 108 primaries I get this error at slice ~170:
"GateSETLEDoseActor.cc (l.365): Error in GateSETLEDoseActor: Intercept box failed"
Curiously, when I lower the primaries to 10, 100, 1000, 10000 etc. and run the simulation this error does not occur and the simulation runs to completeion.

The phantom volume is contained within a mother volume which is being rotated.

Why would I be getting an intercept error at a higher number of primaries?
Does anyone know what may be occurring here?

Kind regards,

Luke Gilling
This electronic message, together with any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient: 1.do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way. 2.please let me know by return email immediately and then destroy the message. Waikato DHB is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending by Waikato DHB. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and effects. Waikato DHB takes no responsibility for affected attachments. Click on link www.waikatodhb.health.nz/disclaimer to view the company policy website. If you are not redirected to the company policy website then copy and paste the URL into a new browser window.

This email has been filtered by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com