[Gate-users] PETscanner- TOF - Cherenkov Photons Coincidences - Amount of primary events....

Dania Consuegra dconsuegra88 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 11:36:45 CEST 2018

Dear gate users,

I'm using a PETscanner system in order to study the TOF of the Cherenkov
Photons coincidences. For simulations with 15 000 primary events, using the
LUT's approach for different materials I get reasonable TOF results.

With these 15 000 primary events my simulation takes 30 min or 45 min
depending on the material of the crystals….

Now I'm interested in compare with some experimental results and when I try
to simulate with more primary events looking for better statistics. The
simulation never ends !!!

I'm using:

/gate/random/setEngineName MersenneTwister

/gate/random/setEngineSeed 1

/gate/application/setTotalNumberOfPrimaries 15000

/gate/application/startDAQ

I tried also change the seed and comment the visualization part and I kept
having the same problem….

Any help I would appreciate….

Best regards,

Dania Consuegra Rodríguez